Luigi Walt, Ph.D.
Research Fellow and Lecturer
E-mail: luigi.walt [at] ur.de
Blog & Newsletter: Paulus 2.0 (2008–2017)
Authored and Edited Books:
- Walt, Luigi, Paolo e le parole di Gesù. Frammenti di un insegnamento orale (“Paul and the Sayings of Jesus: Fragments of an Oral Teaching”). Brescia: Morcelliana, 2013 (520 pages). Read more »
- Texts, Practices, and Groups: Multidisciplinary Approaches to the History of Jesus’ Followers in the First Two Centuries. Co-ed. with A. Destro, M. Pesce, M. Rescio et alii. Turnhout: Brepols, 2017 (918 pages). Read more »
Latest Peer-Reviewed Essays:
- Walt, Luigi, “As If Not: Dissimulation Strategies from Paul to the Sixth Book of Ezra,” in J.N. Bremmer, V. Hirschberger, and T. Nicklas (eds.), Figures of Ezra (Leuven: Peeters, 2018), 131-161
- Walt, Luigi, “Paolo, la violenza, il genere. Note sulla questione del velo a Corinto,” in Studi e Materiali di Storia delle Religioni 83.1 (2017), 172-186
- Walt, Luigi, “Vernacular Reve(i)lations: Paul and the Veil Controversy in Corinth,” in A. Destro, M. Pesce et alii (eds.), Texts, Practices, and Groups: Multidisciplinary Approaches to the History of Jesus’ Followers in the First Two Centuries (Turnhout: Brepols, 2017), 153-171
Work in Progress:
- The Sixth Book of Ezra: Introduction, Translation, and Commentary
- The Pauline Distinction: An Archaeology of Translation
- [Ed. and Italian Transl.] J.Z. Smith, Selected Essays in the Study of Religion
Image above: Abbreviations in Greek minuscule manuscripts of the New Testament. From Johannes Alberti, Glossarium Graecum (Leiden, 1735). Credits: The Amsterdam NT Weblog.